Maryland physicians have access to an exclusive platform for open discussion of patient cases and knowledge sharing thanks to collaboration between MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society, and Figure 1, a dynamic medical app for physicians and healthcare professionals.
MedChi members have full access to Figure 1’s medical app, as well as a private version exclusive for Maryland physicians. Gene Ransom, CEO of MedChi, explains: “This collaboration will provide Maryland physicians a means to receive medical alerts from MedChi in real time, access state-developed support material and alerts for COVID-19, obtain targeted communications and learning on the opioid crisis, and discuss case knowledge specific to the context of Maryland — simultaneously improving the quality of care and reducing cost of care for the citizens of Maryland.”
Additionally, Figure 1’s accredited CME & Education Center acts as a hub for acquiring CME credits online. Physicians can earn credits at their own pace and test their knowledge with Figure 1’s interactive content.
Figure 1 allows MedChi’s membership to:
- Have safe and meaningful communication with other verified healthcare professionals across the state on a dynamic, secure medical app
- Contribute their world-class knowledge to mentor doctors within Maryland, and around the world
- Improve the quality of care and reduce costs for their patients through collaboration and information sharing
- Meet and engage with their MedChi peers to develop community and camaraderie
- Acquire CME credits through unique and engaging activities
- Access these resources on demand, via a mobile app on iOS or Android, or via the web
“Our mission is to democratize medical knowledge and improve the future of healthcare,” shares Josh Wildstein, CEO of Figure 1. “We’re excited to welcome MedChi’s members to our platform, add their knowledge to our global library, remove geographical boundaries for that knowledge, and improve patient outcomes in Maryland and around the world.”
About Figure 1
Figure 1 is the world’s leading platform for medical case-based knowledge sharing and collaboration. With over 3 million registered members in 190 countries worldwide, the platform allows healthcare professionals of all kinds — from medical students to physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, etc. — to safely and securely collaborate on cases to lower costs and improve patient outcomes.
The Maryland State Medical Society, is a non-profit membership association of Maryland physicians. It is the largest physician organization in Maryland. The mission of MedChi is to serve as Maryland’s foremost advocate and resource for physicians, their patients and the public health of Maryland. For more information, please visit www.medchi.org.